August 14, 2022
Welcome to Clearview United Methodist Church. Each and every week we look forward to this time to gather as a community. We are glad YOU are here today with us! You can use this worship guide to help lead through worship and throughout the week. We truly hope you enjoy your time here this morning and hope you return soon.
Some logistics you may find helpful:
- Masks are OPTIONAL on campus.
- Our worship service will run about an hour (sometimes a bit shorter and sometimes a bit longer).
- Restrooms are available in the Care & Share Room to the right side of the Sanctuary.
- Grab a nametag from the table in the East Wing. If you are a guest, our Hospitality Team will happily make one for you.
- Childcare is available for non-school-aged children (6 Weeks-Age 4) in the nursery at the right front of the sanctuary.
- Prayer Cards are available in the pew in front of you and at all three entrances. Please place your prayer card in the offering plate at the front of the Sanctuary. It is our joy and privilege to be praying with and for you.
- We have 4 ways you can give financially to support the mission of Clearview.
1) Place cash/check in the box at the front or mailed to the church
2) Text any amount to (727) 513-5557
3) Online • Click HERE.
4) Use your bank’s bill payer system.
- For more information, visit our website (clearviewumc.org) or find us on Facebook (clearviewumc).
9:30 am • Sanctuary & Online
ORDER OF WORSHIP
UMH: The United Methodist Hymnal
TFWS: The Faith We Sing
* please stand as you are able
*AFFIRMATION OF FAITH
Affirmation from 1 Corinthians 15:1-6 & Colossians 1:15-20 (UMH #888)
The Lord’s Prayer (UMH #895)
No Longer Slaves
*PRAYER FOR ILLUMINATION
Colossians 3:18-4:6 (Common English Bible)
18 Wives, submit to your husbands in a way that is appropriate in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives and don’t be harsh with them. 20 Children, obey your parents in everything, because this pleases the Lord. 21 Parents, don’t provoke your children in a way that ends up discouraging them.
22 Slaves, obey your masters on earth in everything. Don’t just obey like people pleasers when they are watching. Instead, obey with the single motivation of fearing the Lord. 23 Whatever you do, do it from the heart for the Lord and not for people. 24 You know that you will receive an inheritance as a reward. You serve the Lord Christ. 25 But evildoers will receive their reward for their evil actions. There is no discrimination.
1 Masters, be just and fair to your slaves, knowing that you yourselves have a master in heaven.
2 Keep on praying and guard your prayers with thanksgiving. 3 At the same time, pray for us also. Pray that God would open a door for the word so we can preach the secret plan of Christ—which is why I’m in chains. 4 Pray that I might be able to make it as clear as I ought to when I preach. 5 Act wisely toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6 Your speech should always be gracious and sprinkled with insight so that you may know how to respond to every person.
Leader: The Word of God for the World.
All: Thanks be to God.
Rooted in Christ Series #6: Modern Family
Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow (UMH #95)
WE GO OUT
What A Friend We Have In Jesus (UMH #526)
Clearview United Methodist Church
4515 38th Ave N
St. Petersburg, FL 33713
(727) 522-4673 • email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday • 9 am-1 pm
Pastor Erick is available by appt on Sundays & Tuesdays - Thursdays
Pastor – Rev. Erick Ashley – firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Programs – Samantha Kling – email@example.com
Church Administrator – Diana Wells – firstname.lastname@example.org